300 State Street Suite 205
Erie, PA 16507
Meet Our Medical Team | Hand Microsurgery in Erie, PA
The medical staff of Hand Microsurgery have extensive experience in medical treatment of the hand and upper extremity. Whether you have a sports-related injury or a life-altering condition, we can ensure that you will be on the path to recovery in no time. By calling the office, our administrative staff will direct you to a physician or medical staff member that is able to guide you in the right direction.
Mary Beth Cermak, MD
- 1986 National Board Medical Examiners
- 1989 American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Part I
- 1992 American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Part II
- 1993 Added Qualifications in Hand Surgery
- 2003 American Board of Surgery, Recertification
- 2003 Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- 2012 American Board of Surgery, Recertification
- 2012 Added Qualification in Hand Surgery, Recertification
- West Virginia 1986-Present
- Pennsylvania 1989 – Present
Gannon University, Erie, PA (1976-1980), Erie, PA 16544
Bachelor of Science, Biology, Summa Cum Laude
Honorary Society: Beta Beta Beta
Temple University, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (1980-1984)
Honorary Society: Alpha Omega Alpha
Post Graduate Training and Fellowship
- 1984-1985 Internship, West Virginia University Hospital, Morgantown, WV
- 1985-1989 Residency in Orthopaedics, West Virginia University Hospital, Morgantown, WV
- 1988-1989 Chief Resident – Orthopaedics
- 1989-1990 Fellowship, Hand Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical Director, Hamot Surgery Center, 2001-2003
- Board Member, Hamot Surgery Center, 2000-2001
- Instructor in Orthopaedics, Hamot Medical Center, Erie, Pennsylvania
- Instructor in Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children; Erie, Pennsylvania
- Instructor in Orthopaedics, St. Vincent Health Center; Erie, Pennsylvania
- American Medical Student Association
- American Medical Women’s Association
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Erie County Medical Society
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
- Eastern Orthopaedic Society
- American Society Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
201 State Street
Erie, PA 16550
Hamot Surgery Center
200 State Street
Erie, PA 16507
St. Vincent Health Center
232 West 25th Street
Erie, PA 16544
St. Vincent Surgery Center
312 West 25th Street
Erie, PA 16502
Shriners Hospital for Children
1645 West 8th Street
Erie, PA 16505
- Caring for the Patient with Traumatic Upper Extremity Injuries Workshop, “Evaluation and Treatment of Brachial Plexus Injuries”, Sponsored by Association of Operating Room Nurses, Inc., Edinboro Inn, Edinboro, PA April 25, 1992.
- Trauma Nursing Course: Assessment and Management of the Patient with Upper Extremity Injuries. St. Vincent Health Center, June 7, 1991, April 29, 1992.
- Trauma Nursing Course: “Limb Re-Attachment”. Sponsored by St. Vincent Health Center, Amsco Learning Center, Erie, PA May 26, 1992.
- Trauma Nursing Course: “Reimplantation” Hamot Medical Center, Erie, PA Sept. 22, 1992.
- Trauma Nursing Course: “Reimplantation” Sponsored by Tri-State Trauma System, Hamot Medical Center, November 17, 1992.
- “Surgical Treatment for Osteoarthritis”, Sponsored by The Arthritis Foundation, Villa Maria College, Erie, PA.
- Osterman, A.L., Cermak, M.B., Distal Radius and Ulna Fractures Orthopaedic Consultation, 1989.
- Labosky, D.A., Cermak, M.B., Waggy, C.A., Forearm Fracture Plates: To remove or not to remove. Journal of Hand Surgery, 1990, 15A: 294-301.
- Krum, Seth D., Cermak, M.B., “A New Use of Herbert Bone Screw System: Treatment of a Displaced Radial Styloid Fracture”, Orthopaedics Review, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 115-124, January 1993.
- Lubahn, John D. and Cermak, M.B.: Extensor Mechanism Reconstruction. Peimer, C.A., editor, Surgery of the Upper Extremity, McGraw-Hill, Inc., February 1996.
- Lubahn, John D. and Cermak, M.B.: “Uncommon Nerve Compression Syndromes of the Upper Extremity.” Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: A Comprehensive Review, Vol 6, No. 6, November/December 1998.
- Pollard, Mark A., M.D., Cermak, M. B. .,;Walter R. Buck, PHD, and D. Patrick Williams, D.O. : Accuracy of Injection Into the Basal Joint of the Thumb. American Journal of Orthopaedics. 2007;36(4): 204-206
- Labosky, D.A., Cermak, M.B., Rate of Forearm Refracture Following Plate Removal. Presented AAOS 1988.
- Keenan, M.A., Cermak, M.B., Plano-Valgus Foot Deformity in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Presented 1988 West Virginia University.
- McCartney, Donald K., Lubahn, John D., Cermak, M.B., Herbert Screw Fixation of Scaphoid Fractures. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 59th Annual Meeting, February 20-25, 1992, Washington, D.C.
- Cermak, M.B.: Peripheral Nerve Repair. Presented at Regional Review Course, Erie, PA, October 4, 1992. Sponsored by The American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
- Cermak, M.B.: Pediatric Arm Replants. Board of Governors, Shriners Hospital for Crippled Children, September 17, 1997, Erie, PA
- Lubahn, John D., Hood, John M. and Cermak, Mary Beth: “Treatment of Humeral Shaft Fractures w/Concurrent Vascular Injuries.” Eastern Orthopaedic Association, 28th Annual Meeting. Scottsdale, AZ, October 15-19, 1997.
- Lubahn, John D., Burton, Richard I., Newport, Mary Lynn, Cermak, Mary Beth: Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Acquired Conditions of the Extensor Mechanism of the Finger. Instructional Course, American Society of Surgery of the Hand, 53rd Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, Minnesota, September 10, 1998.
- Hong T, Cermak MB, Hood J, Lubahn JD. Long term clinical outcomes of proximal row carpectomy. Presented for verbal presentation at the American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS) 2013 Annual Meeting, Naples, FL, January 9-12, 2013.
- AUX-CC-856 A phase 3 open label study of the safety and efficacy of AA4500 in the treatment of subjects with Dupuytren’s Contracture 2007-2008.
- AUX-CC- 857 858 A phase 3 open label extension study of the safety and efficacy of AA4500 in the treatment of subjects with Dupuytren’s Contracture 2008.
- AUX-CC-860 Long term follow up of subjects treated with AA4500 in the AUX-CC 854, 856, 857, 858 studies 2010- present.
The most experienced team of proffessionals and the most courteous staff are here for you.
We look forward to serving you.
300 State Street Suite 205
Erie, PA 16507
Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 5:00
Friday 8:00 - 3:00